[wp-hackers] PHP5

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:55:18 GMT 2007

On 5/21/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:
> > PHP5 is not more widespread than PHP4.
>
> Do you have any stats on what percentage of WP installs are running PHP5 vs. PHP4?

No, and I doubt anybody does. On the same hand, if you read my post,
there was a graph of the version distribution of PHP over a wide range
of servers, and WordPress is installed just about everywhere.

> > ...the thousands upon thousands of smaller hosts out there, relying
> > on nothing but cPanel/WHM for their server management, are stuck
> > on PHP4.
>
> cPanel added support for PHP5 last year.

Afaik, you still have to plug the sources in by hand, but then again,
cPanel's documentation has no mention either way. Even if it does, I
know for a fact its not the default.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com