[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Marcos Sader | marcosmedia m at marcosmedia.com
Fri May 18 01:49:48 GMT 2007

On 5/17/07, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> DD32 wrote:
> > Except the PHP4 support being droped, I think we all know that the hosts
> > arnt likely to upgrade to PHP5 accross the board.
>
> WordPress is quite high-profile software, and something like a big WP
> release (WordPress 3) with the addition of dropping PHP4 support would
> send a very clear and strong messages to hosts out there. I really think
> they would scramble to PHP5 in order to keep their customers happy.

We've had this discussion so many times, the answer is clear,
WordPress won't drop support for PHP4 in the short term. Why? Because
that will be an improvement aimed just to developers, and WordPress is
about users first.

And no, it won't be an "strong message" neither will they switch to
PHP5 just because it is a WordPress requirement.

 http://www.nabble.com/SOAP-Interface-tf3713750.html