[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri May 18 00:39:38 GMT 2007

That sounds like a pretty good lineup of what i'd expect for the next
major version jump.
Except the PHP4 support being droped, I think we all know that the hosts
arnt likely to upgrade to PHP5 accross the board.
Instead, maybe just bump the current required PHP to 4.3 (given 4.4 is
out), That'll add a few extra options to developers, and also means that
hosts can stay with PHP4 if they want, they just need to keep it updated.
(BTW, requirements for WP state PHP 4.2, Wordpress code checks to see if
its 4.1)