[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:41:22 GMT 2007

In my opinion, jumping version numbers is uncalled for; unless a total
rewrite is done (or a significant part). For some reason it is done by many
programs, for no reason. Versioning should always go in order. Eg. 2.0->2.1-
>2.2->2.3->2.4->2.5->2.6->2.7->2.8->2.9->3.0.

I think that this should only be done if WP is going to be significantly
different. Eg. Making it faster, better DB structure, new bundled themes,
possibly more bundled plugins (WordPress.Com Stats plugin), changes to the
Admin panel, etc.

Otherwise, I think we should go ahead versioning as usual.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/