[wp-hackers] Re: SOAP Interface

Marcos Sader | marcosmedia m at marcosmedia.com
Sat May 12 03:02:55 GMT 2007

On 5/11/07, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/11/07, Marcos Sader | marcosmedia <m at marcosmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ant that's why we have a powerful plugin architecture ;)
>

> Yes, but then if you make a Plugin that relies on PHP 5 to run then people
> will email you asking why your plugin isn't working, because they're using
> PHP 4. Even if you make a note of it in the readme or w/e, people still
> will
> try to use it on PHP 4.

And that's why we have a nice RTFM speech ;)

Now seriously, that's the expected behavior, you get the core to run
everywhere, including a powerful api and a flexible db schema (on the way).
Plugins are "extra features", so if you want to extend the core, maybe you
will need to meet higher requirements.