[wp-hackers] Feature request: Simplify tables

Chetan Kunte ckunte at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:28:19 GMT 2007

Hi all -

WordPress has a great toolset for creating content (both WYSIWYG and
mark-up type). The only thing I see missing is a decent way of
creating tables within the content story.

Right now, the only way you can create tables is by typing out a
painful table markup. I love the way Textpattern (via Textile) allows
you to create tables (just by using pipes "|") as separators between
table contents.

Since WordPress already uses some sort of text conversion to generate
compliant markup for many things like endash, emdash, etc, is it
possible to include this table thing too? This would mean a lot more
to academic types, product/service reviewers, people who love to
create simple elegant comparison tables, people writing reports, etc.

Apologize in advance, if I am posting it in the wrong place. Thanks,
--
Chetan, ckunte.com