[wp-hackers] Plugin directory zip issue

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 03:35:44 GMT 2007

On 3/22/07, Dan Kuykendall <dan at kuykendall.org> wrote:
> In the last couple of days I have gone ahead and moved podPress to the
> wordpress.org plugin directory, so that I can try and participate more
> with the plugin community.
> Most things are working nicely, the readme.txt solution is pretty handy.
>
> Anyways, I recently release version 7.7 of my plugin, so the download
> link is now for http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/podpress.7.7.zip

Though generally, it sounds like you are correct, it seems like there
is likely an immediate work around. My guess it is just a matter of
doing something a little different in the readme file, neither Akismet
nor Subscribe to Comments include the version in the zip file name.

--
Lloyd Budd | Quality Assurance Lead | 250-885-1744 | http://automattic.com