[wp-hackers] Plugin to insert a link, how do I handle the selected text?

Brian Groce wp at watershedstudio.com
Thu Mar 22 21:44:20 GMT 2007

Callum,

Any luck with this?  I've been wondering the same thing for TinyMCE on
WP 2.1.x and WPMU 1.1.1 using a plugin and not editing the core code.

My needs are to highlight text in the editor, click on my custom button
and then that would wrap the selected text with some code.

Something like...

...this is easy to do in the "code" editor, but TinyMCE has yet to work
for me.

If anyone knows how to go about this, I'd be extremely grateful.

Brian