[wp-hackers] Plugin Licenses

Geoffrey Sneddon foolistbar at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 22:15:21 GMT 2007

On 16 Mar 2007, at 20:04, Computer Guru wrote:

> Because GPL is viral and the FSF says you can't stick it in a BSD repo
> without infecting the entire BSD project with the GPL.

Go read the GPL. You cannot place any _further_ restrictions
contained within the GPL. You can have pieces of code released with
_less_ conditions. As I've already said, you cannot change the
license without the copyright holder's permission. The BSD license
does not give that permission, therefore, it remains BSD licensed,
and under your theory it is therefore GPL incompatible.

- Geoffrey Sneddon