[wp-hackers] Plugin Licenses

Geoffrey Sneddon foolistbar at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:02:40 GMT 2007

On 16 Mar 2007, at 17:10, Alex Günsche wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 18:43 +0200, Computer Guru wrote:
>>> What about people who publish their Plugins as even MORE relaxed?
>>> BSD?
>> Apache? That doesn't fit in your reasoning for GPL-only.
>
> I said GPL-compatible are also ok, and the BSDL is GPL-compatible
> (though only one-way).

How is it compatible only one way? You can put GPL code in BSD-3
software, and BSD-3 code in GPL software. In neither case does the
license change (it both remains either GPL/BSD, as unless you are the
copyright holder, you cannot change the license, unless permission is
explicitly granted).

- Geoffrey Sneddon