[wp-hackers] Plugin Licenses

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Mar 16 09:59:27 GMT 2007

I'm not saying I agree with the FSF (they love to make a big deal out of
everything, and take all things way out of proportion), but assuming that
you agree with their view on WP Plugin Licenses, does that actually also
apply to the themes? I'd think that's a separate process altogether...

If it does, then that's mixed news: People using those themes can now do the
same thing they do to the default blogroll: throw it away.

On the other hand, this means that you can't legally require someone you
hired to theme up your website NOT to release his work again for free.....
Kinda makes a "original" design impossible.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/