[wp-hackers] Visual Rich Editor in Comments

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Mar 12 15:05:03 GMT 2007

Every time I get on Slashdot or Digg I have to spend a month swearing at the
folks at PHP. They're powering the most popular sites on the net, yet they
absolutely refuse to address stability issues on IIS/Windows.

I choose to use IIS. True, I can switch to Apache, but I like IIS, and it
works great (even under load) with ASP.NET, Python, Perl, and more. But PHP
thinks that Linux is the only option, and have for months now "been aware"
of "certain instability issues on Windows" but refuse to address them.

I've simply set up a Perl-powered "management page" that I can restart the
PHP thread from - because Perl doesn't crash like PHP does.

Anyway it's back up now (for now). Better see it while you still can.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/