[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be bundled by default in WP?

Elias Torres elias at torrez.us
Mon Mar 12 03:44:54 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

I think most are already swapped in the OpenID discussion and more
importantly we have all learned a bit more about what the technology
provides, what are the possible aspects that would be most useful to WP
and we even had some volunteers.

The last thread is slowly drifting from the original question so I'd
like to rephrase my question (since I know see other alternatives
besides core) and ask:

Should we bundle an OpenID consumer plugin with the main distro?
if so, should it be for publishing entries? comments? both?
if so, should it be enabled by default?

What do you think?

-Elias