[wp-hackers] WordPress Update Options failes

Knut-Olav Hoven hovenko at linpro.no
Fri Mar 9 15:14:11 GMT 2007

I can remember those days (around v2.0.5) when I could in "Options - General"
just enter the folder name, relative to webroot, to where I installed
WordPress and then hit "Update Options".

I can't seem to remember on which version this stopped working...
I'm now using v2.1.2 and if I enter "/blog" into both "WordPress address"
and "Blog address" fields and hit "Update Options", I get this error message:

===
Warning: parse_url(http:///blog/wp-cron.php) [function.parse-url]: Unable to
parse URL in /var/www/htdocs/blog/wp-includes/cron.php on line 85
===

The frontpage do load, but without any style and giving me a 404 Not Found.

It seems that WordPress automagically adds the http:// part if it is missing.
The siteurl and home values in my database is now set to "http:///blog".
The site works perfectly when manually updating the database with "/blog".

--
Knut-Olav Hoven
Systemutvikler               mob: +47 986 71 700