[wp-hackers] WP and Plugins DB connection conflicts

Peter Adams peter at oncefuture.com
Thu Jun 28 21:26:28 GMT 2007

That what Open Web analytics does as well. it creates it's own
connection but uses the same credentials.

The issue I found was fixed in v2.1 when wp-db.php was fixed to call
for mysql errors on it's own link instead of on the last used link.
So this is not an issue anymore but something that plugin developers
should be aware of if they want to support v2.0 installs and need to
produce and ignore errors on their own DB link.

-P-