[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered

ozgreg wphackers at galleryembedded.com
Thu Jun 21 11:48:25 GMT 2007

wordpress at dd32.id.au wrote:

> The issue with trapping the error output is that its incredibly hard to
> do..
> Once a "Fatal" error occurs, the PHP script stops in its tracks, PHP Error
> handlers CAN NOT do fatal errors, only notices/warnings(i think) and user
> triggered errors.

Actually this is incorrect, you might want to have a look at the php manual under Error Handling and Logging Functions, php gives you a huge array of possible ways to trap errors and how to handle them..  However all that to one side, the issue here is not really just about errors it is *any* message that is generated during activation, including warnings etc..

As I posted, put a error action hook in place on activation and we will trap the messages on a plugin by plugin basis..  Hooks are cheap, just a line of code..

WPG2 Installation, Operation & FAQ Documentation (http://wpg2.galleryembedded.com/)