[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 20 20:06:39 GMT 2007

On 6/19/07, Leonid Mamchenkov <leonid at mamchenkov.net> wrote:
> There's a really huge crowd of web users who don't even suspect that
> their browser has bookmarking capabilities.  Bookmark is a foreign
> concept for them.  Blogroll is a swear word.  They've recently
> realized that Links are a cool concept for, well, linking pages to
> each other...
>
> Your world seems very different though. :)

Yeah, my world is the real one. ;-)

-Every browser since the first Netscape has bookmarking capabilities.
-I don't understand your "swear word" comment. It makes no sense.
-If they know what a blogroll is, then they know what a "link" is, and
it's probably something they click on to go to other sites, not
something they think about having feeds and XFN and such.