[wp-hackers] Widgets and Roles

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 23:22:08 GMT 2007

This may be a forum question, but reading through the codex, I don't see a
glaring answer....

Now that widgets are in core, should they be separated out of the Themes sub
hierarchy, so that an editor can be granted privileges to edit Widget
sidebar content but not be able to edit theme files?  Is this currently
doable but not documented?  I've looked at the role manager plugin, and I
can grant the privilege to either switch themes (which doesn't allow for
widget management) or edit themes (which allows for widget management but
also allows for theme file editing).

Thanks in advance for any insight or discussion.

~miklb