[wp-hackers] Pimping the theme/plugin editors

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Sat Jun 16 11:37:57 GMT 2007

Hi Jeremy,

On 6/16/07, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Leonid Mamchenkov wrote:
> > There is a need for better <code>...</code> handling. With syntax
> > highlighting, file captions, line numbers, etc.  So, yes, please,
> > please yes! :)
>
> I don't think this CodePress has anything to do with that.
>
> CodePress looks like a client-side JavaScript syntax highlighter. What
> you're referring to within <code> tags would be handled server-side.

CodePress front page says: " CodePress is web-based source code editor
with syntax highlighting written in JavaScript that colors text in
real time while it's being typed in the browser."

Web-based.

Also, installation instructions at http://codepress.org/install.php
say that one should download the script and install it on a webserver.

Sounds to me like an excellent thing to be integrated with WordPress.
Both standalone and WordPress.com hosted.

I see it as a [code] button in the editor.  I press it, I get to edit
some code with CodePress (either in a popup window, or in another
textarea, or whatever), and then I click something like [Copy to post]
to get the formatted and highlighted code that I wrote into my post.

It sounds too cool to be true. But then again with WordPress... :)

--
Leonid Mamchenkov