[wp-hackers] 2.0 branch

wordpress at nazgul.nu wordpress at nazgul.nu
Sat Jul 21 14:21:07 GMT 2007

I've got a few questions/remarks about the 2.0 branch:

1. When will 2.0.11 be released? A couple of serious security bugs were
found and fixed and a couple of RC's were released, but that's been over 3
weeks [1] ago.

2. At the moment it looks like only security related patches get into the
2.0 branch. What's going to happen with all those 2.0.eventually tickets
[1]. Some of them have been around for 5 2.0 branch releases. We should
either commit them, or kill the milestone.

3. If it's true that only security fixes go into the 2.0 branch, how do we
handle non-security tickets [3] submitted by Debian? They are the main
reason we still support the 2.0 branch.

The above is not intended to step on anybodies toes, but I'd like to get
some discussion/policy making going on how we handle that branch. At the
moment it's kind of vague to me and I assume to others as well.

Regards,
Bas Bosman (Nazgul)

[1] http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/5768
[2]