[wp-hackers] WP_Cache and contents filtering

Liang Jin mywebadmin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:41:23 GMT 2007

HI, Tohru

I also use Gengo, and understand what your problems are. One solution
would be to change Gengo plugin as follows:

In your case, Gengo could actually call the wp_cache_add() function to
cache the locale-related page details, so that when the next visitor
comes with ja_JP locale, Gengo would be able to pull out the correct
pages.

This is not ideal because basically the pages got cached twice (first
in the wp_get_pages function and then in Gengo plugin). So, in the
long run, making the cache system locale aware is the best solution.

Best,

-Liang