[wp-hackers] is there any interest in supporting HTML5?

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Sun Jul 8 22:01:16 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 15:52 -0500, lawrence at krubner.com wrote:
> I'm curious how much work it would take to do an HTML 5 version of
> WordPress? Any estimates from the group? Is this the kind of thing I
> could tackle in a weekend if I wanted to?

It is true that there are XHTML snippets hardcoded in the WP core. But
it would be a matter of a couple hours to find and replace that code.
(This would also be required on each upgrade.) Then you would need time
to create the template, which can also range from a couple hours when
taking and adapting a simple existing theme, up to a week and more when
creating a new and sophisticated theme.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de