[wp-hackers] WordPress Uses "Wrong" Apostrophe in Blog Title

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 02:40:17 GMT 2007

On 7/6/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:

> &#8217; is correct for proportional fonts using normal "sexed"
> apostrophes.  The only time you should use a "neuter" apostrophe is in code
> or type meant to emulate a typewriter.

I have no problems with the "look" of it... It's just that google recognizes
the apostrophe (the normal one that gets typed into IE or w/e) as &#39;, and
not &#8217;, so it sorta screws that up if you have an apostrophe in your
blog title...

But, I suppose, I'll just make a plugin to fix it... I have some other
things I want to fix, anyways. :P

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/