[wp-hackers] Re: Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Jul 6 08:24:18 GMT 2007

While I admit I mostly don't care about PHP4 or 5 and leave this
strategic decision to big guns, I do think WP should officially state
about the future, be it something unclear and fuzzy as "WP 3.0 will go
PHP5"

If nothing is stated, sooner or later some crazy dude will start
rewriting WP for PHP5 and start a wphp5 project on sourceforge or
something. This will be no "threat" to WP's user base, but will
obviously dilute a bit the brand image.

Hope I wasn't too unclear, I'm in the middle of packing things for a
month holidays :)

Cheers,
Ozh

http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News