[wp-hackers] [2.1] Use built-in functions to upload directly into a different folder

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Jan 18 15:42:50 GMT 2007

What's the best way to use the built-in image uploading functions to upload
to a directory other than the one set in the admin area? I wrote a gallery
plugin that uses the functions and the client now wants the gallery to
upload to it's own folder.

I'd rather not move the files after they've been uploaded (they've had
problems with files being overwritten, which I don't see how that's
possible, but whatever), and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel and come up
with my own filename via $override['unique_filename_callback'] or whatever.

And sorry, can't pastebin the plugin. It's closed source. Happy to explain
what I'm doing though and how I'm using the functions.

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/