[wp-hackers] User folders for themes, plug-ins

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Jan 18 15:31:10 GMT 2007

>> [Mark]  ...plugins may be accessing things more directly, counting
>> on wp-content to be the place where that stuff exists.
>
> [Charles] Ah, gotcha.  Maybe we can give plug-in developers a function or two to help
> them avoid path assumptions.

In the current development version of WP source code, in
functions.php, there are functions called get_theme_root() etc. So,
the functions already exist, to some extent. The question is whether
people use them or not (probably they don't too much, and that applies
to the WP source code too).

It doesn't appear there are similar functions for plugins, but I am
not sure.

    --Jennifer