[wp-hackers] Create thumbnail proposal...Was: Bug with Thumbnail Creation

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Wed Jan 17 16:20:37 GMT 2007

He guys,

I've made a proposal due to a wish of one of my clients to explicitly
define the max_side to be either the width or the height. So I changed
the wp_create_thumbnail function (located wp-admin/admin-functions.php).
Besides this I changed the error handling in this function in such a way
that upon error it will return the error as

$array['error'] = "Errormessage"

and made some of the returned error messages more descriptive.

Looking forward to your ideas and feedback and I hope it will be useful.

See my proposal here:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3605

ps: I used the 2.1 trunk for this and this is my first diff/patch so be
gentle ;)

All the best,

grtz
BjornW