[wp-hackers] mysql_real_connect instead of mysql_connect

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:38:33 GMT 2007

On 2/26/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> Is there a mysql_real_connect() function in php?  I think you have to
> use mysqli_real_connect() which means using the mysqli extension.  If
> so, what we're really talking about is mysqli support.

Just fyi, mysqli_real_connect is not the function he really needs,
everything is already set up to do what he wants, its just a matter of
passing a client flag to mysql_connect on the PHP side, which actually
calls (for any PHP compiled with mysql libraries newer than 3.2.x)
mysql_real_connect on the C side, which passes the flag he wants, so
for this task mysqli is not a necessity.

Not to say it shouldn't be considered at some time, however.
--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com