duplicate bugs procedure? -was- Re: [wp-hackers] Finding bugs to fix on Trac

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:13:45 GMT 2007

On 2/22/07, Dr. Mike Wendell <theapparatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Lloyd Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by procedure?
> >
> > You comment on the duplicate and you close the one with the least relevant info.
> >
> > (3719)
>
> Didn't know if it was "cool" for end-users to close tickets.  We try
> not to do that over on the WPMu trac, well at least I try to leave it
> for Donncha to make a final decision.

end-user? Participant.

Can't break trac by doing something. It is a learning process for
everyone involved.

> I was wondering if there was a way to flag a ticket as a dupe so that
> someone in charge could come along and close it.  Like a modlook tag
> that we use in the forums.

Comments in bugs are always welcomed by anyone wanting to participate
in the development -- though remember ideas are often cheap, and
repore and influence is most often earned by the person that does
boring activities like puts away the chairs after the meeting.

Cheers,
Lloyd