[wp-hackers] WP 2.1 static home page issues

R.J. Kaplan just.be.happy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 19:34:41 GMT 2007

I've noticed a vary weird behavior with WordPress 2.1 and static pages:

1. is_home() returns false when displaying the static home page, and
returns true when displaying the inner page designated as the blog page.

2. The home page, showing static content, shows the page name in the
title when calling wp_title(), which is an inner page behavior. to
make things weirder, the inner page used for the blog page shows, it
doesn't show a title.

3. Don't you guys think there should be a way to auto exclude the
page set as home from wp_list_pages, so that people downloading
public themes and decide to set up a static home page don't need to
try an edit the exclude case themselves. or in my case, my clients
wont need to tell me the ID for the page they will use as a home page.

4. I also think that  settings for the static home page are quite out
of place in the 'reading' tab in the WP admin.

Any thoughts?

~RJ