[wp-hackers] Using advanced editing in a plugin

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Fri Dec 28 03:15:15 GMT 2007

Hey all,

I'd like your opinion on if I'm going at a problem from the right
angle, or missing something.

I'd like to use the full on editor in a plugin I'm planning, as in the
post and page views (content textarea, w/ tinyMCE if set for user).

I've found the the_editor() function in wp-admin/edit-form-
advanced.php and can load the tinyMCE JS libs using the script loader
functions.

Is there a more direct way? A relatively backward compatible one?
Am I in core territory as far as using the_editor(), or is it fair
game for plugin dev?

Thanks,

---
Stephane Daury - http://tekartist.org/