[wp-hackers] Decision time in re: admin rework

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 02:40:52 GMT 2007

Viper007Bond wrote:
> The whole point of the timelines was to nudge us along and get releases out.
> By not having a set date, we risk dragging on forever.

Oh yeah, I know... =D I guess with this "one" (2.4), with all that was
planned to get in "it" and then also having those 500 some tickets
there, that were originally planned for two to four versions
previously... Kinda makes one feel like... "Crap, all this stuff... so
little time, oh well.. if we don't get it all in this time, maybe the
next time eh?"

Next time rolls around.. instead of having 500 some tickets, there's 600
to 700 with even more better stuff planned to get in the next version
(2.5) ... then cycle repeats again for 2.6.. or whatever... Basically
was just saying... maybe (if need be)... take a version and get what you
can get done with it, and not really worry too much if it goes over the
"expected release date" for some catching up...

I mean, don't do this all the time... but maybe some times, to help cut
down on the backlog in Trac and or whatever else that comes up later
down the road for "new features" that were voted to go into core... So
"we're" not always getting behind... Take some time through version
releases to catch up too. Not just slap more into core, while leaving
more slug trail goop behind at same time..