[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:21:55 GMT 2007

Benedict Eastaugh wrote:
> The original suggestion to make it part of core wasn't even remotely
> serious, just an attempted reductio on the "TinyMCE is important and
> useful to a lot of people, so it should be in core" argument.

No, I was throwing thoughts out on a serious note. I think I seen some
where in someones thread about other plugins and I just added my
thoughts on Akismet in here. I should have started a new thread
discussion on "it". My bad.

> On 06/12/2007, Aaron Brazell <emmensetech at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Totally -1 on this. There are very legitimate reasons for some folks not to use Akismet.
I can agree with you on this. That's kind of why I threw out the idea on
Spam Karma 2 + Akismet too. Rather then just having Akismet itself, why
not prepackage a "two in one" deal or something? Most users are going to
want and need an anti-spam plugin anyway! And most I'm sure grab all
three main anti-spam plugins anyway. And most I'm sure also do that Spam
Karma + Akismet as well. I know I do it. I know Viper007Bond does it
too. That's where I got it from before. I just threw out the whole idea
for Akismet being added to the core, to make it simpler. Rather than
having those plugins in the plugin folder, make it easier by slapping it
in core... I don't see it as self promotion per se, I see it as a FREE
anti-spam plugin that comes with WordPress regardless of where it is in
the folder structure or whatever else.