[wp-hackers] making the code editor the default view

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:29:55 GMT 2007

Stephen Rider wrote:
> -1 on this.
>
> Unless it's "on" be default there's no reason for it to be in core (it
> needs to be "activated" regardless), and reasons for it _not_ to be
> (clutters up options if you don't use it).
>
> Stephen

That's true too. But I also mentioned about Spam Karma 2 + Akismet
option. Maybe make that a default plugin or something. Even if you'd add
that as a prepackaged plugin, the Akismet option would be activated or
not, via the Spam Karma 2 options section...

I see it as; Either way you look at it, there is going to be anti-spam
prevention plugin(s) NEEDED for people. I know Akismet is the developers
baby too. The Akismet file itself is good to have, don't get me wrong.
But when I run Spam Karma 2 + Akismet, I don't usually use the normal
default Akismet plugin itself. Why bother? Instead, Spam Karma 2 +
Akismet is a "two in one" deal.