[wp-hackers] What is up with Akismet?

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Tue Dec 4 08:40:23 GMT 2007

Rob wrote:
> This has happened to me since I first installed Akismet, I presumed it
> was normal behaviour. Every day I get 4-5 spam comments in my
> moderation queue rather than being flagged as spam.
>
> Obviously it's better to err on the side of spammy caution, but are
> there people to which this isn't happening

there can be other reasons for getting spam in the moderation queue,
besides akismet mislabelling them; for instance, if akismet couldn't be
reached at the respective moment (due to high server load on either
side, clogged pipe due to surge in spam volume,  etc.), comments would
get through (click "recheck queue for spam" to see what I mean).