[wp-hackers] What is up with Akismet?

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 06:48:03 GMT 2007

Jeremy Visser wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 04:10 -0800, Viper007Bond wrote:
>
>> Luckily, I use
>> Spam Karma 2 combined with it's Akismet plugin, so when/if Akismet fails,
>> SK2 usually picks up the slack and catches it regardless.

I have the same thing, and Bad Behavior too. But there's still a handful
getting through anyway. Sometimes 3 to 4 a day, some days it's just one
or two. I know it's crazy, but every time I get them, I ban them. I have
a text file with TONS of spammer IPs in it that I gotta go through and
manually ban then as well. It will take forever, it might be pointless,
but it's something I want to do.. :P Same goes for those proxy IP
addresses... I have proxy and spammer IPs listed here. Those are the
current proxy IPs I banned... Anyway, I'm going way off topic now. Sorry.
http://spencerp.net/id/53