[wp-hackers] Excluding pages/posts from search

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Dec 3 00:24:55 GMT 2007

This would be somewhat helpful I suppose, however it is not a
complete solution.

- While this works for content snippets on a page, the management
interface to get to the widget content from editing a page is very
awkward.

- You can only edit widget content when it is in a sidebar, so you
need to have some kind of dummy sidebar with a whole slew of widgets
in it. This is confusing for end users that have to maintain the data.

- This does nothing to address the "thank you page" scenario where
you simply do not want a regular page to be available via search or
included in your sitemap.

I realize that we can solve these issues by modifying each piece of
functionality (search, sitemaps, etc.) individually, but having a
single control to do so would be a much nicer and more maintainable
solution.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal   http://alexking.org