[wp-hackers] Adding wp-includes/class folder

Kimmo Suominen kimmo at global-wire.fi
Fri Aug 31 14:02:06 GMT 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 02:13:41PM +0100, Peter Westwood wrote:

> For things like IXR / POP3 support / PHPMailer - splitting the classes
> out is a really bad plan IMHO - they are external libraries that we
> include and we need an easy way of diffing between our version (with
> some patches) and the upstream version so as to make it easy to pull in
> updates.

Similarly renames and code shuffling between files easily creates
a lot of extra work, as svn isn't smart enough to merge changes
from changed files into the new file (let alone the new location
of a file fragment, e.g. when a function is moved to another file).

Such changes shouldn't be made lightly, in my very humble opinion.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo

P.S. Any svk gurus around willing to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>