[wp-hackers] Templatedia, a new work in progress plugin

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:26:11 GMT 2007

On 8/30/07, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:
> I was bored the other day, in the mood to code, and surfing when it occurred
> to me that Wikipedia / MediaWiki's template system would work well as a
> template system for posts. For example, a box that says "download this
> plugin" with a fancy icon and all that. You could simply do
> {{downloadbox|file.zip}} and it'd put the box's HTML there along with the
> right link.

Just skimming the code since I don't have time to install and test
with it at the moment, but this looks like *exactly* the plugin I've
been dreaming of for several months, since the launch of my church's
website that I built around WP. We post sermons online and I often
find myself copying/pasting from the previous week's post and then
editing the date the the filenames for the mp3 and the DOC/PDF sermon
notes. This appears that it may simplify that process enough so that
the pastor can actually do it himself!

Will be keeping an eye on it for sure...

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore