[wp-hackers] Re: Sharing Users/authentication

Curt Woodard clwoodard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:05:50 GMT 2007

> > Another Update:
> >
> > OK, some more news. I have fixed the _usermeta issue when someone from
> > SMF goes to WP for the first time.
> > All I do is set up 3 basic things: *_capabilities, *_user_level, and nickname.
> >

> [...]
>
> > Following this will be user insert/update from the WP side so that
> > registration by user and admin both work. For now, it's time for me to
> > go to bed (12 hour shifts kill me).
>
> Have you worked on this more? I am still trying to get two blogs to
> share the same user data :)

Chris,
Actually, I posted this a bit earlier... Yep, you can now update user
info and register users (at least from the admin panel...
self-registration is still not fully implemented).

Are you attempting to combine 2 WP blogs? If so, that's a BUTTLOAD
easier than doing SMF and WP... Sharing the user base between 2 WP
blogs is just a matter of assigning one install to be the 'master'
install and the other to be a 'slave'. I can work on a plugin for you
if you'd like, since this is somewhat similar to what I'm doing, but
would require much less hacking through the code finding where all the
passwords are MD5()'d...

-Curt