[wp-hackers] Fixing Bugs

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:06:08 GMT 2007

On 8/27/07, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The number in bugs in WP has grown steadily over several years, yet
> the number of unfixed ones increasing quicker still. We need a
> release that is stable. We need a release where everything _works_.
> Can we have one release which includes _nothing_ but bug fixes. There
> are 409 open bugs according to trac (and I expect there are others
> marked as wontfix/invalid without reason).

> There are some massively
> annoying bugs for users, not least things like being unable to use
> IRIs in sanitised content (#4570, target 2.4).

As Ryan described each Wednesday until 2.3 there will be bug hunts,
which will be a great opportunity to collaborate on working on the
annoying bugs getting fixed!

#4570 is a good example of a bug that definitely could use some love.
Geoffrey, thanks for bringing this one to everyone's attention! Sounds
like Joseph is going to see if he can wrap his head around it.

What are some other "massively annoying" bugs that might be buried
among the others?

Thank you,
Lloyd