[wp-hackers] Long post bug in 2.1.3?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Apr 24 08:46:03 GMT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:30:26 +1000, Chetan Kunte <ckunte at gmail.com> wrote:

>> certainly sounds weird: was there something present in the paragraph
>> that you deleted that could have been causing the error, rather than
>> just the length of the post? Just a thought.
>
> The 3-line paragraph I deleted was pure text (and it did not even have
> any html tags -- like list, image or a link).

I just did a test post on a brand new 2.1.3 install, 30,000 characters,
all a-Z, 0-9, and a few special characters (like ®)
No problem what so ever on windows. (Allthough convert_smilies took
1.6seconds out of the 2.1 seconds it took to display it)

I'm thinking the problem would have to be something like PHP running out
of memory or some issue with PHP directly rather than being caused by
WordPress.