mu global tags was( Re: [wp-hackers] widget for wordpress built-in tag system)

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:36:12 GMT 2007

On 4/13/07, Pixline <supporto at pixline.net> wrote:

> now that the widget has been made and works and it's also in the
> trunk, i can work around it on my wpmu project, just to understand if
> there's a way to collect sitewide tags from all the blogs. actually
> I'm working to a custom wpmu implementation as a portal system, and
> that sitewide tag system would be nice. i'm not used to wordpress.com
> blogs, but they seems to use something like that, and I also want
> this! :-)

I am sure this has been discussed else where:
There is no public plugin I know of to do global tags, my suggestion
would be to capitalize on the fact that MU gives all its categories
the same ID, and just store a central table with tag id, blog id, post
id, and date.

Hope that helps,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | 250-885-1744
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com