[wp-hackers] Timezone in RSS feeds

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Tue Apr 10 15:51:24 GMT 2007

The idea is that everyone's individual RSS reader will auto-format the time field to match the correct value.

You need to keep in mind that RSS isn't supposed to be read raw or even "parsed" by Firefox or IE7 - most people access feeds via a desktop or web interface, and those take care of all the details for each individual viewer :)

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/