[wp-hackers] Consolidating database tables and other assorted items

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Apr 9 18:40:46 GMT 2007

Computer Guru wrote:
> I don't know why people don't seem to get it: TABLES ARE CHEAP!
> Database normalization almost always equals more tables - but hundred-fold flexibility.

In all seriousness, tables are cheap but we should keep them structured
for the types of reads and queries we're going to be doing most of the time.

There's a happy medium between Post-Nuke (table for every freakin thing)
and Drupal (everything is a node *except* comments) that I think we can
hit if we keep in mind performance, elegance, and typical use cases.

Robert, your modest proposal was excellent but clearly we can't do
anything that would hinder the exposure of the Browse Happy logo.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com