[wp-hackers] State of WP

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:23:46 GMT 2007

On 4/9/07, Dr. Mike Wendell <theapparatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lemme correct myself. That's supposed to say newer ones /excluding/
> > ext3, as ext3 is ext2 with a journal, and so its limitations are
> > inherited.
>
> So what's recommended?

ext3 should do perfectly fine, since MySQL isn't creating directories.
The only filesystem limit you'll likely reach is the 32k directories
limit. I personally might adjust depending on what else the servers
are doing. Different filesystems are good at different things, but as
far as hitting a files in a directory limit, its unlikely to ever
happen.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com