[wp-hackers] Re: Extending extend/plugins

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Fri Apr 6 02:27:47 GMT 2007

> Consistency in number of downloads.

Check

> The "Most Popular" list.  Maybe rank by number of downloads over
> the past X months.

The only thing I changed was the consistency thing.  I can revisit
this later.

Check: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/popular/
Check: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/new/
Check: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/updated/
and Check: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/browse/top-rated/

> Directory names in zips.

Check.  I'll have the server reprocess all the zip files tonight to
fix them.  Should be good for tomorrow.

> Sensible RSS feeds

Mostly check.

Most feeds show just the plugin description and are updated when a
plugin is updated.  This makes it easy to keep track of plugin
updates (until we have a real API for that) by adding plugins to your
"Favorites".  In looking at it again, though, I see there is no UI to
add plugins to your "Favorites".  Oops :)  Hopefully tomorrow.

Feeds for individual plugins show the comments on that plugin.  Other
feeds can be made to do the same by appending ?comments to the url.

Michael