[wp-hackers] Embedded Videos (Flash Objects) in WordPress

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Sep 30 22:22:56 GMT 2006

___/ On Sat 30 Sep 2006 22:19:08 BST, [ Peter Westwood ] wrote : \___

> <snip />
>
>> That support is actually from a plug-in. The current version of Wordpress
>> doesn't support video embeds. I believe 2.1 is going to support it.
>> Currently I am doing embeds with the TinyMCE editor and enabling the flash
>> plugin that comes with TinyMCE.
>>

> I don't think 2.1 supports this natively.
>
> This is something that wordpress.com does though I believe - probably
> via a plugin to wordpress-mu

Thanks,  folks. I was misinformed by the guys at Netscape. I
thought  that support was native, so I suspect that, judging
by  the  source,  this  may be  supported  (however  so)  by
WordPress.com with or without enhancements.

Best wishes,

Roy