[wp-hackers] "users must be registered to comment" should not be in Options>Discussion

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:13:50 GMT 2006

I say that the whole admin panel could well be redone. Don't know what
happened to the Shuttle project, but I digress.
I think that there a lot of opinions on how the admin panel should be
structured, and many of them have been voiced here in the mailing lists
often. There seems to be little consensus, but a lot of opinions.

I suppose, Lloyd, you've opened a can of worms here! :) The back end needs
an honest-to-goodness examination by usability folks. Plugins and such add
menus on a whim and I find myself stumbling through the menus trying to
figure out where to change this or switch off that. Is it under MANAGE? No.
OPTIONS? There it is. Oh, wait, part of the plugin settings are in OPTIONS
and the other part is in MANAGE. HUH?

This job is not unlike herding cats, I suspect.

Craig.