[wp-hackers] RTE

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Thu Sep 14 16:45:25 GMT 2006

>Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> I think it'd be interesting to see some stats from WP.com on how many
>> active users are actually using TinyMCE as opposed to the quicktags
>> interface.
>
>SELECT COUNT(*)  FROM `wp_usermeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'rich_editing'
>
>190497
>
>That's how many people have a set preference.
>
>SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `wp_usermeta` WHERE `meta_key` =
>'rich_editing' AND
>`meta_value` = 'true'
>
>183995
>
>So about 6500 people turned it off

That's roughly 3% of the users with a recorded preference. And if the
'rich_editing' meta_key isn't there for all users, 3% is actually a high
estimate for the whole user base.

Just for fun, I did an inner join on that second result set with:

"SELECT * FROM `wp_usermeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'the_meaning_of_rich_text'
AND `a_clue` = 'true'"

And got "No result returned".

Interesting!

Brian Layman